Date(s) - 23/08/2019 - 25/08/2019
6:30 pm - 2:00 pm
TAI CHI & MEDITATION WEEKEND AT DZOGCHEN BEARA – Fri 23rd – Sun 25th August 2019
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY-BOOKED!
Do you fancy a weekend of peaceful relaxation, majestic surroundings, endless skies, refreshing greenery, sea-views, open spaces, room to breathe, an energy boost, nutritious veggie food and a de-cluttered and refreshed mind and body!? Then this is the weekend for you!!
I’m delighted and excited to invite you to a TAI CHI & MEDITATION WEEKEND RETREAT AT DZOGCHEN BEARA on Fri 23rd-Sun 25th August 2019. I have been attending this very special place for many years – not only to attend their retreats but largely due to it’s spacious and energising location and the opportunity for some much needed R&R! I LOVE to practice Tai Chi & Meditation there – the natural, peaceful surroundings have always been a huge source of inspiration and really allow you to relax and unwind the busy body and manic mind! The same event in May 2019 has sold out so I’m delighted to offer another fun and fabulous all-inclusive weekend!!
Early Bird Price €298pp all-inclusive price (SAVE €50) – see what’s included below.
Limited places – secure yours now with €78 DEPOSIT!
ALL WELCOME! No experience necessary.
Join me, Michelle Gupta, with 8 years teaching experience, for a weekend of TAI CHI, CHI KUNG, MEDITATION & RELAXATION all inspired by the stunning and tranquil surroundings of Dzogchen Beara retreat centre, nr Allihies/ Castletownbere, West Cork.
You don’t need to have any previous experience to enjoy the mindful movements of Tai Chi and Chi Kung – these flowing, slow and gentle movements are suitable for all ages, shapes and sizes! And if you’re new to meditation, rest assured that each session will be relaxed and guided.
Retreat starts 6.30pm on Fri 23rd and ends 2pm Sun 25th Aug after lunch.
In between classes there will be plenty of time to relax in the cosy lounge or your room conservatory at the Care Centre or take time to enjoy the expansive, very special surroundings, magnificent views, lovely cafe and restful meditation garden, or just take a breather with a cup of tea! All of which are on-site at Dzogchen Beara.
You’ll see all details below but if you have any further queries then please get in touch with me Michelle – 086 878 5212 email: embodyharmony.com.
In a nutshell….price includes (more detailed info below):
– All classes – Tai Chi, Chi Kung, gentle stretches, relaxation, guided and silent meditations. Also mindful walking (subject to weather).
– 2-nights en-suite accommodation in the beautiful Dechen Shying Care Centre (all rooms are shared either twin or double). All rooms also have a seaview!
– 6x delicious vegetarian meals, tea & snacks
PLACES ARE LIMITED so to avoid disappointment, simply pay €78pp DEPOSIT ASAP online below to secure yours!
Take advantage now of the EARLY BIRD SAVER PRICE of only €298pp and SAVE €50! Balance €220 to be paid in full by 31st May 2019.
STANDARD PRICE is €348pp if your balance €270 is paid thereafter. I ask that the full-fee is paid no later than 14 days prior to the event (by 9th Aug 2019).
The weekend is all inclusive – all you need to do is get yourself there, kick back and enjoy! Here’s more details of what’s in store for you:
About the Dechen Shying Care Centre – part of the on-site Dzogchen Beara complex, we will have full and exclusive use of this centre and its luxury facilities for our retreat weekend including your gorgeous en-suite, sea-view bedrooms, the state-of-the-art kitchen and dining room, cosy lounge areas, lovely gardens and the stunning sea-view meditation room for all of our classes!! Arrival time is after 4pm on Friday and check out is 11am on Sunday. See fabulous photos above! To find out more about Dzogchen Beara click HERE to visit their About page.
Accommodation – 2 nights shared (twin) accommodation at Dechen Shying – all rooms are en-suite and with a sea view – some rooms also have a sea-view conservatory-room attached. Towels and hotel-quality bedding are provided.
Meals – 2x breakfasts (cereals, bread, cheese, fruit, tea, coffee, juice) / 2x delicious and nutritious vegetarian 2-course lunches from the excellent caterers at Dzogchen Beara / 2x light evening meals (vegetarian – usually soup with bread and salad) / Refreshments: tea, herbals, coffee and biccies and fruit throughout the weekend. Feel free to bring your own food and snacks as there is a beautiful kitchen for our exclusive use. NB. We cannot cater for special diets so please bring whatever you may need eg. Gluten free bread, dairy free milk etc.
All Classes & Workshops in Tai Chi, Chi Kung, gentle stretching, mindful walking, self-Indian Head massage, relaxation and meditation (silent and guided). For more info on the benefits of these mindful practices click HERE. As mentioned above, no previous experience is necessary to enjoy these flowing, mindful movements and simple, relaxed meditations – all inspired by our natural surroundings.
Outline (relaxed!) schedule:
Friday – Feel free to arrive at Dzogchen Beara any time after 4pm to check in to your accommodation.
6.30pm light evening meal. If you arrive later than 6.30 we can save this for you.
7.30pm – stretch-and-relax and gentle chi kung followed by guided meditation.
8.30am 30 mins wake-up stretch and silent meditation (optional). Followed by time for showers etc and breakfast at 9.45am.
10.30-12.30pm – Tai Chi & Chi Kung workshop (with mindful walking in the grounds – weather permitting). 1pm lunch.
Afternoon – free time to relax, explore the grounds, meditation garden, shrine room and cafe at Dzogchen Beara. Or you might fancy taking a short drive to the lovely little seaside town of Allihies for a walk by the sea and a cuppa in a local cafe. The choice is yours!
4.30pm – Tai Chi top-up, self-Indian Head massage, meditation (with Tai Chi in the meditation garden – weather permitting)
6.30pm – light evening meal.
7.15pm – gentle stretch and guided meditation.
8pm – Mindful movie! I’ll bring along a DVD of an inspiring and uplifting (and fun!) movie to watch in the lounge! (I’ve yet to choose one – suggestions are welcome!!)
Sunday – 8.30am 30 mins wake-up stretch and silent meditation (optional). Followed by time for showers etc and breakfast at 9.45am. Plus room check-out (we must check-out by 11am).
10.45am-12.45pm – Tai Chi, Chi kung workshop. Farewell meditation. If weather is nice we might go out to the meditation garden again!
1pm lunch and close.
Travel to Dzogchen Beara: NB. Transport to Dzogchen Beara is not included in your retreat fee, but nearer the time it might be possible to arrange car-sharing from Cork and/or pick-ups from Castletownbere.
Directions to Dzogchen Beara – click HERE to visit Dzogchen Beara’s website with various travel details. There’s also a Google map at the top of this page. Basically, once you’re at Castletownbere, go straight through the town and Dzogchen Beara is 10km / 15 mins drive away – there’s a big sign and turning on your left.
What to bring –
- A yoga mat, blanket and cushion if you have them. There will be a few spares if not
- Pls bring comfy, stretchy clothing for our classes. I also suggest bringing layers and wet-weather shoes / jacket etc.
- Any snacks, tea/drinks or diet-specific foods you might like eg. gluten free bread, non-dairy milk etc. There’s a Supervalu in Castletownbere if you want to pick things up on the way. We have a beautiful kitchen for our exclusive use at the Care Centre so, again, you can bring any foods you might like in addition to our meals.
- As mentioned above, all hotel-quality bedding and towels are included so no need to bring unless you have specific needs.
- You might like to bring cash to spend in the cafe and shop – they do take cards but cash might be easier.
- The deposit of €78pp is completely non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the event organiser or venue*
- Any cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the event (before 9th August 2019) will receive a full refund of the retreat fee MINUS €78 deposit which will not be refunded.
- Any cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the event (on or after 10th August 2019) will be charged at 100% of the retreat fee.
- If you cannot attend and you have someone else who would like attend the retreat in your place, I will try wherever possible to transfer your place to them.
- NB.*If the event is cancelled then you will receive a FULL refund including your deposit.